All about this tour
Want to see it all? Experience the highlights of Iran on two wheels with our ‘Waterfall to Desert’ tour. This tour provides a compact version of the whole of Iran, with its mixture of ancient and modern.
In just 16 days, you’ll see a wide variety of Iran’s finest landscapes, architectural wonders and sample cultural delights along the way. Pedalling through the desert to the green valleys of Damavand, marvel at the ever changing scenery and get off the beaten path with our knowledgeable guides. You’ll be diving into some culture by camping with Iran’s Nomadic community and learning more about their simple way of life.
You will also experience the hustle and bustle in the cities of Shiraz and Tehran, visiting a few UNESCO world heritages like the Persepolis and Naqshe Jahan Square. The contrasts of bustling bazaars, scenic splendor and ancient ruins will bring to life everything you expect from this incredible country.
- Duration: 16 days
- Cycling days: 9 days
- Cycling distance: 505km
- Cycling grade: Moderate / strenuous
- Max altitude: 2,150m
- Accommodation style: Hotel, Camp
- Best Season: End of April up to middle of June – End of September up to middle of November
INCLUDED IN QUOTED PRICE
- Visa invitation letter and reference number.
- All surface transfers as per itinerary from airport- to-airport by private vehicle.
- 4 stars hotels in cities.
- All expenses of our guide and porter.
- English spiking cycling guide during the tour.
- All meals during the tour.
- Chef during cycling tours.
- Procurement team for putting up and collecting the tents, and also helping the chef.
- Portage of all baggage and bicycles.
- Taking care of the bicycles during the cycling tour.
- Providing a suitable place for assembling and dissembling the bikes on the first and last day of the tour.
- Cars with AC for transportation between and inside the cities.
- Providing mineral water, snacks and fruit during the cycling tour.
- All of the necessary camping gears including tents, cooking devices, cutleries, first aid kits.
- For the group up to 15 pax 2 4WD cars, and a small truck will accompany the tour.
- Providing suitable storage for bike cases from the beginning until the end of the tour.
- Providing cardboard cartons for bikes if necessary.
- All entrance fees to attractions.
Not INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- Iran visa fee.
- Personal expenses like phone calls and room services.
- Personal equipment and clothing.
- Travel insurance.
- Cold drinks and beverages.
- Sleeping bags and mattress.
How fit do I need to be for this cycling? Can people of my age do this Hike?
Everyone with a good level of fitness can enjoy this cycling tour.
Doing exercise like swimming, running, and tracking before arriving in Iran will help by improving your comfort and performance.
Arrive in Tehran. Evening sightseeing.
Fly to Shiraz. Transfer to the hotel. City sightseeing
Note: There are two options for assembling the bikes. (1) You can either assemble them in Tehran on the first day, store the bags in Tehran, and the send the bikes to Shiraz by car. (2) Or, we will take the unassembled bikes to Shiraz with the flight. Assemble them in Shiraz and send the bags to Tehran for storage.
Drive to Sepidan city. Start cycling to Margoon waterfall (55km). Overnight stay in tent.
Cycling on mountain roads and among nomads for 60km. Overnight stay in tents.
Cycling for about 40km on mountain and black roads. Drive back to Shiraz. Overnight stay in hotel.
Head towards Isfahan. Visit Persepolis enroute. Overnight stay in hotel in Isfahan.
Full day of sightseeing in Isfahan. Overnight stay in hotel in Isfahan.
Drive to Kashan. City sightseeing. Head towards Maranjab desert. Overnight stay in tent.
Cycling to Ab Sefid Caravanserai (60km). Overnight stay in tent.
Cycling from Ab sefid to Ghasr-e- Bahram Caravanserai (65km). Overnight stay in tent or Caranavserai.
Cycling from Ghasr-e- Bahram to Garmsar city (55km). Drive to Tehran. Overnight stay in hotel.
Full day sightseeing and rest in Tehran. Overnight stay in hotel.
Transfer to Fasham (a small village in north of Tehran). Start cycling about 50km in Lar Valley (near Damavand Mountain). Overnight in tent.
Cycling about 60km between mountain and villages. Overnight tent.
Cycling about 60km to the Caspian Sea. Drive back to Tehran. Overnight hotel.
Transfer to IKA. Fly back home.