All about this tour
This 11-day cycling tour combines the best of the mountain and the desert. The journey begins in Tehran, where we begin to get a feel for Iranian history and culture. Then join us for an exhilarating ride to the Maranjab Desert – one of the most beautiful desert areas of Iran with its long sandy dunes. We will rest overnight at beautifully restored caravanserais (roadside inns) constructed along the ancient Silk Road, which have been used by travelers from China and Europe for many years.
Having immersed ourselves in the silence of the desert, it’s time to sample the splendour of Iran’s famous cities. You will visit Isfahan city – the heart of tourism in Iran and famous for its Persian architecture. Wander through the huge Naqsh-e Jahan Square and the 17th-century Imam Mosque, whose dome and minarets are covered with breathtaking mosaic tiles and calligraphy. Then go shopping at the Grand Bazaar of Isfahan or feel like royalty in the Chehel Sotoun Palace. The options are endless!
We then pedal towards Hana Lake and take in the spectacular scenery of the mountain. During this trip you will get the chance to experience Iranian nomadic life and see how these communities travel. Our tour brings you into close contact with these proud, independent people. It’s a journey back in time, moving closer to nature under open skies, full of sights and sounds you will always remember.
- Duration: 11 days
- Cycling days: 6 days
- Cycling distance: 280km
- Cycling grade: Moderate/strenuous
- Max altitude: 2,150m
- Accommodation style: Hotel, Camp
- Best Season: End of April up to middle of Jan or End of September up to middle of November
INCLUDED IN QUOTED PRICE
- Visa invitation letter and reference number.
- All surface transfers as per itinerary from airport- to-airport by private vehicle.
- 4 stars hotels in cities.
- All expenses of our guide and porter.
- English spiking cycling guide during the tour.
- All meals during the tour.
- Chef during cycling tours.
- Procurement team for putting up and collecting the tents, and also helping the chef.
- Portage of all baggage and bicycles.
- Taking care of the bicycles during the cycling tour.
- Providing a suitable place for assembling and dissembling the bikes on the first and last day of the tour.
- Cars with AC for transportation between and inside the cities.
- Providing mineral water, snacks and fruit during the cycling tour.
- All of the necessary camping gears including tents, cooking devices, cutleries, first aid kits.
- For the group up to 15 pax 2 4WD cars, and a small truck will accompany the tour.
- Providing suitable storage for bike cases from the beginning until the end of the tour.
- Providing cardboard cartons for bikes if necessary.
- All entrance fees to attractions.
Not INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- Iran visa fee.
- Personal expenses like phone calls and room services.
- Personal equipment and clothing.
- Travel insurance.
- Cold drinks and beverages.
- Sleeping bags and mattress.
How fit do I need to be for this cycling? Can people of my age do this Hike?
Everyone with a good level of fitness can enjoy this cycling tour.
Doing exercise like swimming, running, and tracking before arriving in Iran will help by improving your comfort and performance.
Arrival in Tehran, transfer to hotel and enjoy afternoon panoramic sightseeing. Visit the Tabiat complex and bridge. Overnight stay at hotel.
Full day sightseeing in Tehran. Overnight in hotel.
Drive to Grammar city (in east of Tehran) start cycling to Ghasr e bahram caravanserai about 55km. Stay overnight at the Caravanserai.
Cycling to Aab Sefid caravanserai about 65 KM. Overnight tent.
Cycling to Maranjab caravanserai about 60 KM, overnight in caravanserai or up to you, transfer to Kshan and stay overnight at a hotel.
Drive to Isfahan, afternoon sightseeing. Overnight hotel.
Full day Isfahan city tour. Overnight hotel.
Drive to Samirom City, start cycling via mountain road, village and nomads area for about 50km. Overnight tent.
Cycling in around Hana lake about 60km. Overnight tent.
Cycling about 40km back to Samirom, drive back to Isfahan and later in the evening to Tehran. Overnight hotel.
According to flight time, transfer to Tehran airport.